Business VISA Checkcard
With a Citizens Bank of Winfield business checking account, a Business Visa Checkcard can be used for all your business purchases such as gasoline and other expenses. At tax time instead of gathering your credit card statements and your bank statements, now your bank statements can include all of your business expenses. No more paying credit card bills and added paperwork! The purchase or withdrawal amount comes directly from your checking account just like a check.
There are no transaction charges for your Citizens Bank Visa Checkcard unless you withdraw money from ATMs other than ours. If your card is lost or stolen and you notify the bank within two days, you have Visa’s guarantee that you are not responsible for charges made to the card. There is no fee the first year and only $12.00 annually thereafter. A Visa Checkcard provides Safe, Fast, Convenient access to your money!
To report a lost or stolen Citizens Bank of Winfield VISA Checkcard after normal business hours, call 1-800-383-8000.
To change your Personal Identification Number (PIN) on your Citizens Bank of Winfield VISA Checkcard, please call 1-800-717-4923.
You can help protect yourself from fraud!!!
The Citizens Bank of Winfield and Visa® are working closely together to catch any fraudulent behavior and protect your account. There are also some simple things you can do. And remember, your Visa Checkcard is backed by Visa’s Zero Liability policy, so even if your card or its number is ever lost or stolen, you won’t be responsible for unauthorized charges if you notify your bank immediately.
Protect your Personal Identification Number (PIN):
- Never write down your PIN. Memorize it as soon as you get it and never store it with your card.
- Do not disclose your PIN to anyone.
- Beware of phishing emails. These are emails that appear to be from your bank or online merchant asking for account information. Do not reply to them or click on any links. Visa, your bank or any other legitimate online merchant will never ask for your PIN or other personal financial information via email.
- At an ATM or PIN pad, enter your PIN discreetly, shielding the keypad with your hand or body.
- When possible, use your Citizens Bank VISA Checkcard as a credit instead of debit. Even if a merchant’s screen indicates that you need to enter a PIN, you may press cancel and the option of credit will appear and you may choose this option. This will mean your transaction will process through the VISA network and you have better rights as a consumer if an error or a fraudulent charge is made.
Follow these steps to spot suspicious activity and protect your account:
- Review your monthly checking account statement to spot any unauthorized purchases. You can also monitor your account activity online at any time at www.cbwinfield.com
- Review your credit reports for accuracy. You can get a free credit report 1 time a year at www.annualcreditreport.com. This is a free government website and you won’t be required to enter any debit or credit card information.
- If you spot any unauthorized charges, please contact us immediately at (205)487-4277
- You should also contact the three credit reporting agencies listed below to notify them of any suspected fraud or identity theft.