Sign on to Online Banking
Mobile Banking FAQs
WHAT IS MOBILE BANKING?
Mobile Banking allows you to view account information (including balances, history & statements), transfer money and pay bills from certain supported mobile devices.
HOW DO I ACCESS MOBILE BANKING?
- Mobile Browser Uses the Internet browser installed on your mobile device (Safari, Windows Mobile™, Android™ and others).
- SMS (Short Message Service) Sends a text message and receives a balance response. (Best on phones without a browser and for users familiar with texting.)
- iPhone® App Fast account access using your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch. Go to the App Store on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad and search for “Citizens Bank of Winfield”.
- Droid® App Fast account access using your Android phone. Go to the Droid Market on your Droid phone and search for “Citizens Bank of Winfield”.
HOW DO I LOG INTO MOBILE BAKING THROUGH THE APP?
Log in using your Internet Banking Access Code and Passcode that you established during your Internet Banking enrollment.
CAN I VIEW ALL MY ACCOUNTS THROUGH MOBILE BANKING?
Yes, you can view all accounts through Mobile Banking that you view through Citizens Bank of Winfield’s Internet Banking.
HOW DO I KNOW THAT MY MOBILE BANKING TRANSFER WAS SUCCESSFUL?
Upon successful completion of the transfer, a confirmation message displays on the screen. This includes the transaction amount and the accounts in the transaction.
ARE MOBILE BANKING TRANSFERS IMMEDIATE?
Mobile Banking transfers are posted to your account(s) in the same manner as if they were made through Citizens Bank of Winfield’s Internet Banking. Transfers made prior to 7:00 p.m. C.T. will process the same business day. If the transfer is made after 7:00 p.m. C.T., it will be processed the next business day.
HOW DO I START USING CBW MOBILE WEB?
You simply type www.cbwinfield.com in your mobile device’s web browser to access our site. If you haven’t previously applied for internet banking, select “Apply Now” and complete the enrollment process. If you have an Access ID and Passcode, just enter it now and then proceed to use our Internet Banking website.
SMS Text Banking FAQs
WHAT IS CITIZENS BANK TEXT BANKING?
Text Banking gives you access to your accounts via text (SMS) messages on your phone. It's a fast, easy way to look up account balances or recent account history by sending a text command to a short code.
WHAT DO I USE TO ACCESS TEXT BANKING?
Text Banking requires a mobile device that is capable of sending and receiving text (SMS) messages.
CAN I USE BOTH TEXT BANKING AND MOBILE BANKING ON MY PHONE?
Yes, you can use both options from the same phone. To do so you will need to activate each option by logging into online banking, User Services tab, and click on Mobile Enroll, to enroll the services on your phone prior to use.
WHAT ARE THE TEXT BANKING COMMANDS?
|Balance||B||Summary of available balances for all accounts|
|History||H||Summary of recent transactions per account|
|Command||C||List of available Text Banking command|
|Help||HE||Help content for Text Banking|
|Stop||S||De-activate all Citizens Bank text services|
CBW Mobile Deposit FAQs
What is mobile deposit?
Mobile deposit is a safe and secure way to make a deposit to your Citizens Bank of Winfield personal checking or money market account from your mobile phone or tablet. It allows you to deposit your paper check through the Citizens Bank of Winfield mobile app. You can access and utilize mobile deposit with an internet connection anywhere in the United States.
Who is eligible to use mobile BANKING & MOBILE deposit?
Any Citizens Bank of Winfield online personal banking customer who has downloaded the Citizens Bank of Winfield mobile app and has a qualified checking, savings or money market account is eligible to use mobile banking & mobile deposit. New customers opening a checking, savings or money market account will see mobile deposit as a feature when they download the mobile app. A customer’s transaction activity and how he or she handles his or her account will be reviewed periodically to ensure the customer remains qualified. If a customer does not qualify, the mobile deposit feature will not be available.
Are there any fees to use mobile BANKING OR MOBILE deposit?
For personal customers, there are no additional fees for using mobile banking or mobile deposit. It is included as part of your mobile banking app. We recommend you check with your service provider for any wireless carrier fees. Consult your account agreement for fees related to your account.
How do I access the mobile deposit feature?
Mobile deposit is a feature included in our mobile banking app. Download the app from Google PlayTM or the App StoreSM. Within the mobile banking app, click the "Deposits" tab to access mobile deposit. At this time, mobile deposit is only available for Android and Apple devices.
Is mobile baNking and mobile deposit secure?
Yes, mobile banking and mobile deposit are both secure. We take your financial security seriously. Some of the security features of the Citizens Bank of Winfield mobile app include:
- Each mobile session requires username, password and phone-specific identification. You may be prompted to answer a security question if your device and credentials are not recognized.
- Only the data needed to process the check is transmitted.
- Accounts are identified by nickname, and the account numbers are masked.
- No information related to account number, balance or transactions is shared or stored on your mobile device.
CAN I SAFELY RECYCLE OR DISPOSE OF MY MOBILE DEVICE IF IT HAS MOBILE BANKING ON IT?
We recommend that you wipe your phone of any personal or sensitive information prior to recycling or disposing
How do I use mobile deposit?
- Sign the back of the check to be deposited with “For Mobile Deposit Only” and the last four digits of your account number, and then sign your name as it appears on the front of the check.
- Log into mobile banking and select “Deposit” located at the bottom of the home page.
- Read “REQUIRED ON BACK OF CHECK”.
- Select the deposit account and enter the dollar amount of the check. Then select “Take Check Photos” and follow instructions.
- Position camera on the front of the check. If aligned correctly (the check must be distinct and all four corners visible), an image of the front of the check will be taken automatically and you will receive a red “Success” symbol.
- If the photo is unclear or not captured automatically, select “Capture manually”.
- Position camera on the back of the check. Ensure the check is endorsed. Make sure the endorsement is visible on the left side of the check. If aligned correctly (the check must be distinct and all four corners visible), an image of the back of the check will be taken automatically and you will receive a red “Success symbol
- If the photo is unclear or not captured automatically, select “Capture manually”.
- Confirm the details of the deposit and select “Submit”.
- If there are issues with the deposit, a failure message will display. Resolve the error, and retake both images.
- If an error cannot be resolved, the check may be presented at our Citizens Bank of Winfield office.
- If the deposit is successfully submitted, the screen will display “Your deposit was successfully created.”
- All mobile deposits will be reviewed by Citizens Bank of Winfield throughout the day with a final cut-off for current business day’s deposit at 3:00 p.m., C.T.
- If the deposit is approved after review by the bank, the deposit will be credited to your account during overnight processing.
- If the deposit is declined after review by the bank, the status of the deposit will change to “Rejected.” In addition, you will be notified by phone or email that the deposit has been rejected and why it was not able to be deposited.
- You should always verify the next business day that your deposit has been credited to your account.
- If you have questions, please call (205) 487-4277 for assistance.
Do I have to agree to the terms and conditions to use mobile deposit?
Mobile deposit is part of the mobile banking app. As a new customer, or when terms and conditions are updated, you will be prompted to accept the mobile app terms and conditions. In addition, your use of mobile deposit is your acceptance of the terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not use mobile deposit or notify us at (205) 487-4277 to block this option from being operational on your Citizens Bank of Winfield mobile app.
IS THERE A MAXIMUM DOLLAR AMOUNT I CAN DEPOSIT WITH A SINGLE CHECK OR PERDAY WITH MOBILE DEPOSIT?
There is a daily limit of $2,500 and a 7 day limit of $5,000 for checks deposited through mobile deposit. Each check is considered a single deposit. There is no limit to the number of checks deposited daily.
How will I know if my deposit was successful?
You may check the status of your deposit through the mobile app under “Deposits” and “Activity.” Once the check has been reviewed, the status will change from “Submitted” to “Approved.” You will receive an email stating your deposit has been received.
When will my funds be available?
Deposits are subject to verification, and funds may not be available immediately. Once the deposit has been received, you will be able to view the pending transaction on your phone. Deposits received by 3:00 p.m., C.T., on any business day will post during overnight processing and are usually available in your account the next business day. Deposits received after 3:00 p.m., C.T., or on a non-business day (Saturday, Sunday or federal holiday) will be reviewed on the next business day, posted during overnight processing and are usually available in your account the next business day.
What types of checks can I deposit?
Citizens Bank of Winfield will accept all types of checks except the following:
- Cashier’s Checks, U.S. Postal Money Orders, U.S. Savings Bonds, starter or counter checks
- Checks that exceed the daily deposit limit or weekly aggregate limits
- Check payable to someone else other than you
- Checks payable jointly, unless deposited into an account in the name of all payees
- Checks payable to “Cash”
- Checks for which you are aware that a stop payment order has been issued; there are insufficient funds; or account is closed
- Checks that are irregular (e.g. numerical check amount differs from the written amount, etc.) or incomplete
- Checks with no Magnetic Ink Character Recognition (MICR) line
- Checks with any endorsement on the back other than that specified in this Agreement
- Checks drawn or otherwise issued by you or any other person on any of your accounts or on any account on which you are an authorized signer or joint account holder
- Checks that require authorization (e.g. COMCHECKS, BranchPay, RapidDrafts, etc.)
- Checks that are dated for a future date
- Checks dated more than 6 months prior to the date of deposit
- Checks that have previously been submitted through a remote deposit capture service offered by us or any other financial institution
- Checks that have previously been returned for any reason
- Remotely created checks or checks previously converted to a substitute check, as defined by Regulation CC
- Checks which are not acceptable for deposit under the terms of the Bank’s deposit account agreement
- Checks drawn on a foreign financial institution with a routing number not recognized by the Federal Reserve Bank of the U.S.
- Checks not payable in U.S. currency
How do I sign/endorse the check?
Each check must be endorsed. It is recommended to sign/endorse the back of the check with the following:
- “For Mobile Deposit Only”
- Last four digits of the account number in which the check is being deposited
- Signature of name as it appears on the front of the check
what should I do with my check after mobile deposit is complete?
Confirm the deposit is listed as “Successfully Created” within the mobile app and that the funds have been deposited to your account. Other than your endorsement, do not write on your check until after the deposit has been posted to your account. For recordkeeping purposes, you may want to indicate “Deposited via Mobile,” along with the date of deposit. You should retain your paper check for 45 business days and verify this deposit on your monthly statement before securely destroying the check.
If a check I submit is returned for non-sufficient funds, can I redeposit it in mobile deposit?
If a check is returned, please do not re-deposit the check through mobile deposit. You will receive written communication by mail from the bank if a check is returned. A returned deposit item would need to be presented at a Citizens Bank of Winfield location or cashed at the bank where the check was drawn.
How long will my check images be accessible in mobile banking?
Images will be available for 45 days from the date of deposit. Your mobile deposit history will be available for 90 days. After this time, you can access account history within online banking or on your statement.
What if I do not see the “Deposits” tab in my Citizens Bank of Winfield mobile app?
Your account must be eligible and qualified to utilize mobile deposit. Please contact us at (205) 487-4277 with any questions.
Does Citizens Bank of Winfield have the authority to terminate my ability to utilize mobile deposit
Citizens Bank of Winfield reserves the right to revoke services for any reason, including negative transaction history or for actions deemed fraudulent or abusive.
Who should I contact for technical support, questions or to un-enroll
Simply contact us at (205) 487-4279.